British Army Gore-Tex Rip-Stop Jacket - DPM Woodland - New
This British Army Gore-Tex DPM camo over-jacket is genuine UK military surplus and is quite an oddity, in that it is made of a rip-stop MVP fabric.
A special unit within the British Army ordered these jackets and so they stand out as highly unusual and desirable garments, especially as they have never been issued.
So you can be sure you are getting top quality at a great price. This waterproof jacket is made from Gore-Tex-like material which allows sweat in the form of water vapour to escape while keeping rain and wind out. This breathable design lets the wearer stay very dry and comfortable, as sweat tends to collect on the inside of non breathable jackets, especially when doing moderate exercise. The jacket comes in British army woodland DPM camo, a very popular pattern in fishing and hunting circles due to its excellent performance.
Other features of this jacket include:
- New - un-issued condition.
- Single skin lightweight fabric design.
- Rolled hood with drawstring.
- Hood is stored in the collar when not needed.
- Hood is not designed for use over helmet and so hugs the heads neatly.
- Rank slide on chest.
- Zip fastened front with Velcro storm flap.
- Adjustable Velcro cuffs.
- High storm collar.
- Elastic cord hem drawstring.
- Zipped access to under garments.
See our technical notes page regarding Gore-Tex and sizes.
Did you know? DPM stands for Disruptive Pattern Material and was first used in 1963 by British special forces (SAS/SBS).