We send most of our UK customer parcels via DPD who have an excellent delivery notification and tracking service. This will mean that you will:
- Receive notification that your parcel has been booked with DPD.
- Receive progress reports as the package wends it way to you.
- Be able to adjust the delivery address, the delivery date, and the "leave safe" location if you are not going to be in at the time they say they will deliver. You cannot collect from a DPD depot.
- Be able to see information about failed deliveries.
In order for the above to work, YOU NEED TO DO THE FOLLOWING:
- You must provide us with a working email address and telephone number when placing your order.
- Ensure that your email inbox and spam folders are checked regularly for any DPD messages.
- If you will not be at home when the parcel is due to be delivered, make sure you instruct DPD, using the Inflight options they provide, what to do in that event. They will send guidance to the contact details you provided when you ordered. Failure to have previously advised DPD what to do, before they arrive at the delivery address, will result in possible additional redelivery costs payable by you.
VERY IMPORTANT POINT TO NOTE - YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
If a DPD driver fails to find anyone at the delivery address, and you have not instructed DPD what to do in that event, one of the following will happen:
- The parcel may be left at a Post office or Parcel Shop and you will be advised where that is, by text or email. The parcel will not be retained at a DPD depot! So check all emails!
- The parcel may be returned to Forces Uniform and Kit and we will contact you to seek payment of additional incurred fees before resending the parcel.*
* We will ask you to cover the postage fee to send your order again, and to pay the additional charge of DPD returning the parcel to us after failing to deliver it, if you have failed to instruct DPD about what to do if they find no-one at your delivery address, as you should have done. This is as per the various guidance emails we have sent you and your agreement when ordering. (The tick box you ticked to agree you understand your responsibility).
You can change the default DPD setting using their Inflight options
When you receive a pre-delivery email from DPD, you can request delivery to a neighbour, leave the package in a suitable safe place, deliver to a different address or on a different date. Full instructions are provided on DPD's web site accessible from the information DPD will have sent you in relation to your particular consignment.
Whereas we were previously able to request delivery specifics, DPD now insist that customers provide such instruction directly. This of course means the security and accuracy of the delivery is within your control.
Once you have set your preference for how DPD deliver or retain your parcel, they will always use that same instruction for all subsequent deliveries they bring to you, whether from us or other senders, unless you alter your preference with them.