We send most of our UK customer parcels via DPD who have an excellent delivery notification and tracking service. This will mean that you will:
- Receive notification that your parcel has been booked with DPD.
- Receive progress reports as the package wends it way to you.
- Be able to adjust the delivery address, or date, if you are not going to be in at the time they say they will deliver.
- Be able to see information about failed deliveries and how to re-arrange delivery of your parcel or collect it from the DPD depot.
In order for the above to work, you need to ensure the following:
- You must provide a correct email address and telephone number.
- Ensure that your email inbox and spam folders are checked regularly for any DPD messages.
- If you will not be at home when the parcel is due to be delivered, make sure you instruct DPD what to do in that event using the information they will send you.
No more leaving in a safe place!
DPD drivers will use a default instruction when delivering to a property if they are met with no answer, which is to take it away and email you for further guidance. When you receive the pre-delivery email from DPD, you can request delivery to a neighbour, leave the package in a suitable safe place, deliver to a different address, or on a different date or to call in at the depot in person. Further instructions would be provided on DPD's web site when you use the information DPD have sent you about your particular consignment.
Once you have set your preference for how DPD deliver or retain your parcel, they will always use that same instruction for all subsequent deliveries they bring to you, unless you alter your preference with them.